Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Over Hill and Under Hill

Clap! Snap! the black crack!
Grip, grab! Pinch, nab!
And down down to Goblin-town
You go, my lad!

New year, new project? Yeah, kind of... I was pretty sure I wouldn't withstand the new Hobbit merchandise for too long although I did not like the new Goblin design in "The Hobbit". Nevertheless, HvM's great A Dwarf A Day project talked me into buying the new starter box as well... 

Now I'm distracting myself from doing something useful in search of a nice new colour scheme for those nasty goblins. Actually most of the miniatures are really great (if you can live with those un-orcish mutations...). The quality of the cast really surprised me and I'm pretty confident that they could be a great addition for any Middle-earth based LotR, SAGA or Impetus army.

Well, here is what I tried so far. Please excuse the bad quality of the pic. Had to take it with a smartphone...


3 comments:

  1. Wow! The highlighting on that green one is fantastic!
    The basing looks great too! *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to say those are the best I have seen to date. Deviating from the 'recommended' colours is a massive improvement and they are all the better for it.

    You have really made me rethink how I was going to paint the Goblin Town versions now.

    Great painting too!

    ReplyDelete