Saturday, July 21, 2018

Skull Forge Studios: Downed Pilot and Starkiller

I already praised the awesomeness of Skull Forge's Downed Pilot but there's another mini I just finished, the Avenging Acolyte.


Again, I'm really surprised how few cleaning up is required to get these prints prepped for painting. I had some problems painting the pilot because I just gave him a quick rinse which obviously wasn't enough and made the painting process quite tedious. This time I thoroughly scrubbed the leftover residue off the miniature and had much nicer results.
I concealed some printer lines in prominent spaces like the face or the chest, using Vallejo Gloss Varnish but I actually think that applying the paint in slightly thicker layers might already do the job.



Although realistly scaled, the Acolyte's lightsaber is quite flimsy. Since I wanted to replace it anyways, I took the opportunity to apply some of Thorin's LED magic to this guy as well...^^


No comments:

Post a Comment