Strike... My first FOW platoon ever is finished.
I'm quite confident with my first try, although there are some things I'll try to do better next time.
In fact finding the right way of painting great amounts of 15mm miniatures is the most challenging part of the job...^^
After the criticism on the colours of my first miniatures (many said they were a bit too bright) I tried to darken them a bit, without softening the contrasts between the colours too much. My efforts to adjoin some more shades were not succesful. I used thinned down Vallejo shades but am not confident with this method. Next time I'll give the new GW washes a try.
The basing is not definite. I finished the platoon last week, but visited the Tactica (a german wargaming convention in Hamburg) on saturday and bought great basing materials there. I have to try it out on the next platoon.