Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Star Wars - Villains


News from our current Star Wars Miniatures Battles project. Those of you, who have been at the Kauzenburg 2009 Con may have seen these miniatures already, but unfortunately I didn't find the time letting them see some action on the battlefield.

Jabba the Hutt was a perfect proband for using the new Citadel washes. The model itself is quite funny from our “modern” point of view. It is really flat, lacking detail and seems a bit small compared to the other miniatures of this range (which have only 25mm as well). Well, in fact it were the sentimental feelings I had about this fig, which made me paint it and not its incredible beauty.

When I started painting, most parts of the body were given a green priming. After that I used Thraka Green to wash the entire body and finished the green skin with some highlighting, using the base colour again and mixing some Pegasus Tanned Leather to it. The fleshy parts were painted similarly (using flesh tones and Ogryn Flesh wash).

Next miniature on my workbench was a Boba Fett miniature, who had some manufacturing errors. On account of this I tried to convert the damaged parts using some Green Stuff and gave him a custom paint scheme. As a result I got a nameless Mandalorian mercenary, who will be quite useful if we accomplish some roleplaying-based campaign games.

No comments:

Post a Comment